Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ah, But is it Worthy?

I seem to have this knack, a penchant towards discontinued items. I no sooner discover something I like, thinking I have found my signature style when it becomes discontinued. For example:

Discontinued bra styles.
Discontinued scents.
Discontinued lip and nail colors.
Discontinued restaurants.
..and who knows, sometimes maybe even
Discontinued people.


Among these is a body mist called Moon Petal Musk. It has become impossible to find.
I am actually bidding on some from EBay as we speak.

Anyhow, during the summer I found sampler sets of various body mists and lo and behold... there was moon petal musk. Only thing was I had to buy 3 others I didn't want. I continued to hunt and found a second pack of 4 containg the elusive scent.
So, I casually switched things around a bit and had 2 of what I wanted, and 2 lesser ones, quickly paid and left. Turns out the sets were on sale too! I was happy.

A few days later, I needed to go food shopping. My daughter was coming with me, and she spritzed herself with one of the other scents. I happily put on my musk.

She questioned me. "Mom, we are only going to Pathmark"
Yeah, I know...
"So, is it really Moon Petal Musk worthy?" she asked.

Good point. I realize I only have so much of the stuff, don't know when or if I will be able to get any more.

So my friends, should you find yourself in my company, and happen to catch a whiff of the moon petal musk, consider yourself very worthy indeed!


4 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Thanks Annie, I will indeed be very grateful, even though the chances are very slight indeed.

Pete

6:35 AM  
Blogger Annie Van Bergen said...

Well, it's the thought that counts, thanks Pete

12:18 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Annie

I hope you don't mind, but I have added you to my Links list

Pete
X

2:47 PM  
Blogger Annie Van Bergen said...

not at all, that's nice

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home