Sunday, September 24, 2006

ahh the Deli Man..

Lots going on and I have sort have been too stressed and frazzled lately to write much of anything.
Then... cause it's Sunday, when I needed milk my usual deli was closed so I went back to the other place.
The Deli man greeted me warmly and asked how I was. I told him I was ok. "Are you?" he asked. Yes, I told him.
So I asked how he was doing.
"Bery beautiful" he says which causes me to break out into a big grin. "I been working bery hard, I work every day all day long"
I know, I know you do...I say in what I hope is a soothing voice.
"But yestereday I was at Shea Stadium"
Cool! (I respond)
I love how he is always bright, he seems to take pleasure in the simplest of conversations (which I dig) but now his face brightens more as he goes on.

He proceeds to tell me how he went to Shea with his family...He was 3 people away from buying tickets. Some guy comes up and asks him how many tix he needs and he says "5". Well, the guy pulls out 6, gives them to him...and says "Merry Christmas"

"3 people away (he holds up 3 fingers to punctuate it), 3 people away!"
WOW - I respond
"I was 3 people away from spending $200!"

That's so great! That it sooooo great. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
And on that note I take my leave. (people are waiting in line by this time)

Gotta love the Deli Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home