Saturday, September 30, 2006

Catchup

Post op and playing catchup here. I never posted the quote from my outhouses calendar for Sept. But, I figure if I do it by the end of today, I'm cool.
And, I really like the quote for this month.

"Freedom is the very essence of man. Even to submit, one must first be free; to bind oneself over to another, one must first belong to oneself. A man who would surrender his freedom in advance would not be a man, he would be but a thing."
- Honore De Balzac-

Very true. I can remember telling my friends as a young girl..."well, I am really my own best friend." I can fiercely guard belonging to myself . I have private jokes with myself. I always have this desire to keep a part of myself just for me. Yet, it is important and even healthy, for one to submit sometimes. A delicate balance.
Emotional self sufficiency is a good skill to have, I know this, but is it a way to always live, all the time? Is it smilarly strong and maybe brave to put it aside sometimes... I think about these things.
A delicate balance.

Anyhow...the outhouse pictured for the month appears to be made of baby blue aluminum siding.. there is a vent..some weird stuff on top that could be mistaken for some type of satellite TV reception. But locked from the outside with a lock that requires a key. Ahhh...I guess hence the quote selected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home