Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Deli Man revisited

I hadn't gone into that particular deli in quite a while. But, I had to go to the bank on Jamaica Avenue and was passing by on my way home so I stopped in to buy a soda.

"Hello my darling" (the deli man says) "how are you feeling?"

pretty good (I say ) how are you?

"Bery good. I always feel better after seeing you. You come in, always with such a nice smile, always very pretty."

So I thanked him, told him it was good to see him too, and was on my way.
(now maybe I am easily pleased, but how can that not make one's day?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

So very true Annie. How are you honey, sorry it's been a while

Pete
X

6:08 PM  
Blogger Annie Van Bergen said...

Pete! so nice to hear from you. I was about to post on your blog and ask where the heck have you been...
I'm doing pretty well, how are things with you and yours?

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home