Sunday, March 23, 2008

We lost a great one



My father died today...and I can not quite wrap my brain around that. My son put it best when he said "he is the biggest character in our family"
This photo was taken in 1970 by my mother. We were about to go see the Who perform "Tommy"
We were all there because he stood online for a long time and persevered. He wanted his whole family (or the "whole fam damily" as he would say) to see the first rock opera, performed for the first time, at the Metropolitan Opera House.

It's my dad at his best.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lever said...

Annie, I am so sorry to hear that :(

Your dad was not only a handsome chap but he took you to see The Who as well! That's quite some father there :)

My dad got me into The Who when I was a kid and, although I lost my compact cassette of Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy I found a cheap CD of it on Amazon the other day... like much music, it reminds me of him.

I'm still not over my father's loss, I'm not sure I ever will be, but in the meantime I remember how well he brought me up in the world and all the good things he did...

Peace to you and your family, Annie. More zen.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

Annie

So sorry for your loss. Keep his memory and yourself well.

Thinking of you

Pete
XX

5:43 PM  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

Annie:

As I said previously, I'm so sorry for being away and not being aware of this.

Your dad sounds like an incredible man we can all aspire to. I wish I had his commitment and go-for-the-gusto.

It sounds to me like you have been a very fortunate girl to have had him as a dad.

Super big hugs to you.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

How are you doing Annie?

Pete
XX

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home