Sunday, June 01, 2008

Damn

I went food shopping at Pathmark on Friday, and I just broke down.

It hit me like a ton of bricks, out of nowhere.
Thoughts of visiting my father at his deathbed. How hard it was, and how inadequate I felt. And, that horrible horrible moment when I had to leave for the airport, and had to say goodbye to him for what I knew was the last time.

It all came crashing down on me.
Sobbing into my cart in the produce aisle.

I composed myself as best I could. I take care of myself.
But, I know I walked around like a zombie. Not even sure of what I bought, and
still trying to shake the thoughts.



What's the old saying?

One step forward two steps back.

(felt like at least two hundred)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lesley Stoller said...

actually, I think it's "two steps forward, one step back."

But, who's counting.

And, also, a good cry about a deep loss ia a good thing. I guess, it didn't have to be Pathmark, though.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Annie

I's good to have a weep. Let it out and let the sunshine in

keep smiling honey

Pete
XX

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home