Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Deli Man...(revisited)

Just got back from that deli again,
probably haven't been there in like 2 months,
whenever it was I last posted on it.

He was ringing my stuff up, ("is that it, sweetheart?") asked how I have been,
and I asked him how it was all going.

"You always have such a bery beautiful smile" he says.
"And you are always so pleasant and friendly" I reply.

We smile and nod "makes a difference in the day" I say and he agrees.

Again, it doesn't feel like a come on, or disrespectful, just a recognizition.
(even when I haven't been there in a long while)

He works in a depressing looking hovel, god knows how many hours a day, but seems to know how to make his moments happy.

Something to be said for that.




1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Lucente said...

I've never gotten the hang of the whole "make happiness wherever you are" thing. I'm always thinking, "If only I had ____ I'd really be happy" or "If I only lost 20 pounds then I'd really be happy" or "If I had this type of job I'd be happy".... in my really down moments, I am tempted to feel like some of us just aren't meant to be happy. Fortunately, those moments for me are rare, but I know people who live that sort of existence every day of their lives, it's sad.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home