Monday, August 23, 2010

memories

I need to write more. Things seem to keep on coming back to me.

I went to visit some NYC colleges in the the city with my dad...cause I knew I would want to go in the city. I was 18 and you know how you can feel like your parents are just too involved at that age. I was trying to make MY decision. So actually... I realize now there were some good choices and places that wanted me...I even had a full scholarship to one.

Anyhow, we are in this one place...they slap a name tag on me..show us around...and tell me I can go visit any class in progress I want to. I don't want to. I could see how they were presenting it., but I knew no class was expecting it...I wasn't into just walking into it. I was satisfied to talk to people and kind of get the lay of the land.
So, my dad is saying..."let's go to a class" and I am saying "no". We are walking though a hallway. I don't like that he is pressing it. I said NO.. I am not going. I've seen what I need to see.
And he yells at me "you are a doo doo!"
And I yell back "I am NOT a doo doo!"

I think I even yelled back that HE was.
But at the same time I couldn't help but see the comedy in the moment...and that if anyone was catching our fight..

At that point in time college seemed sooo big and so adult, and here I am having a doo doo argument with my father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home