Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Deli Man

Just got back from the deli, one I don't go to too often.
Always the same guy, whatever time of day or night, but very friendly,and pleasant.

"How are you today?" he asks.
I tell him I am good and say
"And how are you doing?" (in a voice to indicate I mean it, it's not by rote)

"I am doing pretty good.
Life is BERY beautiful!"
"Isn't it a beautiful thing?" I say grinning widely
Yes, he repeats so bery beautiful.
I wish him well as I exit, and he says
"have a good night darling" (and it felt more friendly than flirty)

It so made my day. I just love those exchanges. Takes so little to just talk to someone. I just love people.

I have noticed that happen more. You know how it is people in the neighborhood, many you know by sight, but don't necessarily say all that much.
They are starting to say hi, ask how are you.
I take this a little of a sign they may realize my circumstances, and I accept it for what it is.
How sad to not be open to these things..cause they are so BERY BERY beauiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home